JSWEC Conference - 21st century solutions: evolving or revolving?
Manchester Conference Centre
21st Century Solutions: Evolving or Revolving?
Though in most eras social work and social work education can lay claims to having to adjust to change, few periods in recent history can rival today’s rapid and fundamental change in so many different systems. Given the complexity of changes taking place, the theme of the conference asks, are we evolving or revolving? Are we becoming innovative and dynamic or simply re-inventing the wheel? We ask these questions within each of the sub-themes:
Responding to new funding mechanisms in Higher Education and Practice
- Keeping partnership working alive
- Reclaiming social science in social work education
- Embracing arts, creativity and well-being
- Reclaiming value
- Implementing the Capabilities Framework
- Untethering social work education and practice in a digital world
- Balancing education and research within HEIs
- Securing research on social work education
- Utilising research in education, practice, policy and government
- Addressing the tensions between the broad aims of social work education and the narrower expectations of vocational training.
(Bookings close 15th June 2012).
Further details from: http://jswec.wordpress.com/