Do you have an idea for a short article you could write for GAPS? We warmly invite those involved in social work practice and educators to think about what they would like to say to an audience with an interest in systemic thinking and therapeutic and relationship-based social work practice.
Our aim is to bridge the gap between practice and academic writing whilst opening up spaces for contemplation and stimulating discussion.
We encourage practitioners, educators and researchers to propose articles of 1,000-2,000 words for publication on this site and for discussion among our community.
We offer an authors’ fee of £400 per article.
If you would like to make a proposal, please use the form below. Our Writing Committee will respond to your proposal and invite you to write your piece if they feel it fits our remit.
- Items should address systemic thinking, therapeutic or relationship based approaches in social workHowever, GAPS will also welcome articles that:
- introduce original or innovative perspectives;
- Reflect on social work practice experience; and
- Opinion pieces, where they align with GAPS overall mission
- Items should be at least 1000 and no more than 2000 words in length.
- Whilst items may draw on an author’s wider work and ideas, pieces submitted to be published should be original and written for this purpose.
- Citations/ references are not necessarily required but other peoples ideas should be acknowledged, and direction to further reading may be helpful.
- Identifying details must be changed or withheld to protect the anonymity of service users or other people and agencies described.
- GAPS encourages co-written pieces.
- Prospective authors should use the form below to propose an item that they would like to write
- GAPS Writing Committee consider proposals and respond within two weeks to provide feedback and if approved, to commission the work. At this stage the committee might also request some adjustment or inclusions.
- Authors accepting the commission will complete a draft within a mutually agreed timeframe and submit to the committee.
- The committee will consider the final submission, and request any necessary revisions (in relation to, say, anonymity). To publish an article and make it available, we need publishing rights from you for that work. We therefore ask authors to sign an author contract which grants us the necessary publishing rights
- Author’s fee will be paid and the item will be published on this site where comment and discussion among GAPS Members and Subscribers will be invited.